Friday, July 23, 2010

Playing Catch Up (not Ketchup)

Well...it's been a while since I've posted a blog here, and I don't really have a good reason...well, a couple good reasons, but explaining those reasons is not the reason for this blog.

However, I figured I'd play a little catch-up with you.

Since we last spoke:

1. The trailer for my animated movie project, X-Treme Squirrels, is continuing to get traction. If you haven't watched it in a while, I'm going to shamelessly plug it now and ask that you watch it again. (click here to watch). Please feel free to pass the youtube link along to all of your friends. (hint/hint/wink/wink/nudge/nudge/please/please/etc/etc/)

2. My grandfather, Jimmie Lybarger Sr., passed away. We were able to return home for the funeral. Lots of the family got to meet Lex for the first time. Though it was a sad occasion to return home, it was still a great trip. My mother wrote an amazing article for the local newspaper and it is posted on her website, which you can visit here.
Also, while I'm shamelessly plugging family things, you may want to check out my sister Dawn's blog over at Starkacres. She has a tremendous entry up right now entitled, "Someday".

3. Lex is 4 months old ALREADY!!! I can't believe it! Below are some pics of our little man as well as a torturous video of him getting some shots today...HaHa! Meg thinks I'm cruel for posting this --- as I'm sure most of you will as well, and I'll definitely hear about it in your comments. (ROTFL!!!!)

Much Love to you all...

On our way to the Circus!!!














At the Circus watching the clowns w/Mom!



















Playing "Airplane" with Mommy















Laughing with Nana while playing Superman!















Look at that face! Honestly, is this not an adorable little kid?!?!?!















And now, for the video of Lex getting his shots...

6 comments:

  1. You seriously need to have a talk with that nurse about how to give a shot. Our nurse has them all laid out and both legs ready with the bandaids already opened. Then they stick them all withing 3 seconds - done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, I have watched 5 of my kids get shots - what makes you think I want to endure that unnecessarily on my nephew? Not even hitting play on that video.

    Secondly, thanks for the plug for my blog! Glad you liked my recent post. My next one is going to be on my latest TV addiction. It's time to lighten the mood!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching my new born (or even the grade school age kids for that matter) get their shots is one of the hardest things I have had to do (unless you count watching "Sleepless in Seattle" with my wife).
    I do think Lex showed an amazing ability to quickly overcome the adversity with the help of mom's hugs. What a tough guy!
    And I do agree with Randi on the system. They even use two nurses with ours. Heather said "Really, in Hollywood? They could learn a thing or two from us midwesterners." (Unless you just like to add DRAMA to everything).You might recommend it to the next one.
    Love you guys! Thanks for the update

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Galloway's and McSpadden's our nurses did a much better job of orchestrating the shot routine and caused very little crying. Lex is one mighty trooper to endure all of the shots. One suggestion, please don't play this at the rehearsal dinner when he gets married. It will cause him great shame! Then you will have to pay for the counseling! Hugs & Smoochies from the Sr. Greer family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously, Dallas! I hate needles and have already watched 4 of my own get this done! But, I agree with everyone else...there is a much better, quicker way to do these. We usually have 2 nurses at a time and they are all ready to go! You might want to shop around on pediatricians before he gets bigger and has to endure them in his arms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok Midwesterners I agree and I live in CA - My Doctor (Not nurse) gives my kids their shots and as said before they are all laid out with bandaids prepared!! It a bad enough ordeal when they are prepared!!

    ReplyDelete