Thursday, August 12, 2010

More Letters From The DDP

The cave: endless.
The darkness: overwhelming.
The air: stifling.
The only sound: the cry of my soul.
Which cries are mine? Which are just echoes of past screams?

How many days?
How many nights?
How many weeks?
Lost. Senseless. Causeless.
Where is light?

Which way is up?
Wait.
Breathe.
Up?
Breathe.
Up is the opposite direction of my flowing tears.

How far have I fallen?
How far have I descended?
How far upward must I now climb?
How long will this continue?
How faithless am I?

2 comments:

  1. SNAP OUT OF IT YOU MELANCHOLY MISFIT!! GET A HOLD OF YOUR SELF MAN...

    Seriously, I have had the same feelings where I had to tell myself to just breathe and pick up my leg in order to drop my foot forward one more time. Sometimes my only comfort is "He knows the plans for me" And sometimes I just want to say,
    "Really God!? That is the best move?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, Tony! Sometimes telling myself He knows and has foreordained isn't enough to rule out the part of me that cries "Really?"

    Dal, I think that last line "How faithless am I?" is the one that resonated most. Because, at the end of the melancholy pit I feel like I have forsaken something more sacred...my faith and belief that He is good. That is when I can repent and worship. You know how to do both of those things. So, if that is where you are...then repent and worship...

    I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete