Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Letter To My Father

Happy Father's Day!

I thought it might be fun to post some great Father's Day quotes. Of course, none of them can fully express the honor, respect and love that I have for all those who bear the name "Father" --- namely my own dad, Dennis Amsden.

Dad, I adore you! I cherish the lessons you have taught, and I can only hope that I bear the name "father" with the same integrity with which you have worn it. Thank you for being you!


----------
~ Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown. ~Author Unknown
The greatest gift I ever had came from God; I call him Dad!~Author Unknown
~ Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother rather than all major credit cards.~Robert Orben
Making the decision to have a child is momentous.  It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone
Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.~Ruth E. Renkel
Never raise your hand to your kids.  It leaves your groin unprotected. ~Red Buttons
~ He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. ~Clarence Budington Kelland
A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.~Unknown
~ Small boy's definition of Father's Day: It's just like Mother's Day only you don't spend so much.~Unknown
~ By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.~Charles Wadsworth
~ It's only when you grow up, and step back from him, or leave him for your own career and your own home—it's only then that you can measure his greatness and fully appreciate it.~Margaret Truman
Father! - to God himself we cannot give a holier name. ~William Wordsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment