Friday, November 11, 2011

The 11-11-11 Rorschach Test

July 26th was my last post...far too long.

Truth is: I don't know where these past several months have gone. I've been busy. Life is moving quickly. Lex is growing quickly. My hair? Not as quickly...except, the hair around my ears and eyebrows. Seriously!!! Why am I forced to trim my eyebrows once a week and my ears more often than that.

Do you understand how disconcerting it is to have whiskers on your ear lobes?!?!?

Anyway!

Today is November 11, 2011, or 11-11-11.

Prophets proclaim today as a day of Divine fulfillment.
Numerologists postulate that this is a day ruled by the sacred feminine.
Spiritualists say this is a day to connect to a higher spiritual plane as the 11's represent a tunnel between the seen and unseen.
I know some friends who are getting married today (presumably, to help their husbands remember the date, although we all know that he'll forget at least once).
One person I know celebrated today with an extra large Sweet Tea from McDonald's at 11:11am (I'm assuming because he felt there might be a significance in having to go to the bathroom at 12:12, 1:11 and probably even 2:22).
Then, there are others who simply think that 3 sets of 11's looks cool on paper.

For some reason, this date has struck a universal chord with, seemingly, everyone...not just the 99%. It means something to all. This date seems to serve as an inkblot of our individual conscious, a Rorschach test, of sorts.

What does 11-11-11 mean to you? Perhaps it reveals something significant about you or your belief system. Or, maybe you're like me...maybe it just feels like a Friday.

2 comments:

  1. 11-11-11 does look pretty nifty when you write it down. I'll never get another chance to do it so I was looking forward to it. It doesn't have any special meaning for me but I think it's a great anniversary or birthdate. Kudos to those who will always have a good memory to celebrate today. And I feel sorry for those for whom it will be an infamous date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11-11-11 is just a day when I ended up with 3 cakes for a birthday party and got very little sleep. Otherwise, it doesn't mean much other than another slipping moment in time. But, I am also posting a blog about my cake thing and I haven't written one since this summer either. Maybe it is a day meant for blog updating!

    ReplyDelete